What Are the Duties of a Home Health Aide?
A Home Health Aid is a benefit for people who require help in daily tasks both indoors and outdoors due to their medical conditions. Home health aids help patients to lead a normal life by providing assistance in their home. They not only help by monitoring patients medical conditions and recording health records, but also help with personal services. The following are some of the duties which a Home Health Aide provides.
Home Health Aide Job Duties:
- A home health aide helps in monitoring the patients’ condition.
- Home health aides check vital signs.
- They help improve both physical health as well as psychological wellbeing, by keeping the patient active both indoors and outdoors.
- They may assist in purchasing groceries and preparing meals.
- A home health aid helps the patient with household chores such as cooking, laundry, housekeeping, etc.
- Home health aides may help the patient stay compliant with medications by reminding them or creating a schedule.
- They assist the patient in providing personal hygiene such as bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- They help in boosting the confidence of the patient by teaching them how to be self-reliant. They may teach them to use special equipment such as walking aids, hearing aids, etc.
- They help the patient in teaching them the use of modern equipment such as audio-visual devices, computers, mobile phones, etc. so that they can stay in touch with their loved ones themselves.
- If the patient is living with family members then the home health aide also educates the family members how to take care of the patient. They give information on nutrition, personal hygiene, socializing etc.
- In case there is a significant change in the patients’ health, they notify the case manager or supervisor so that they may take precautionary measures.
The most important role of an in-home health aid is to help seniors age with dignity. If you or a loved-one need information about help with everyday activities, don’t hesitate to contact us today!