What is Home Care?
Home Care addresses both house calls made by physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants, and care delivered by nurses and rehabilitation therapists working for home healthcare agencies.
- You have trouble getting around (for example, after a hospital stay or an accident).
- You have wounds that need to be cleaned.You need injections or other treatments.
- You need to learn more about your medical condition(s) and how to monitor them (for example, checking your blood pressure or your blood sugar).
- You need help with bathing, dressing, and meal preparation.
- You need care and emotional support when in the final stages of an incurable disease.
Home care and house calls are needed for some patients for a limited amount of time, but others require house visits on an ongoing basis.